Reporting To: Campaign Director
Term: 1 March 2019 – 31 Dec 2020
Fees: £30,000 – £37,000
Location: Based at the London office in Victoria
The purpose of this role will be to lead the delivery of the digital aspects of a global civil society campaign for mental health. This role includes the following responsibilities;
- Strategic input; contribute to the strategic direction of the campaign.
- Contribute to the development of the global campaign objectives, policy and activation plan in global collaboration with partners.
- Design and create and integrate an innovative digital strategy for the campaign on mental health that changes hearts and minds as well as policy and implementation at multiple levels
- Maintain a thorough understanding and interpretation of the external environment in which our global campaigning activities operate and what is happening in the world of digital change making
- Campaign delivery; Deliver the campaign, ensuring its impact and that it delivers long lasting change.
- Help to create an innovative way in which people can be mobilised to support mental health across the globe
- Work with national participating campaigns to develop and implement their national level digital campaigns and keep up to date with what is happening nationally
- Campaign Communications; working with the Director, communications colleagues and external consultants, deliver high impact campaign communications.
- Deliver effectively with the communications team, the campaign narrative, key messages, global and local moments and events.
- Manage the digital aspects of the campaign including social media work, innovative national digital campaigns, and work around the key global moments.
- With the Communications Manager and Content Coordinator to deliver innovative campaign communications outputs including films, blogs, media work, events, stunts etc in-house and in partnership with creative agencies
- Report on campaign communications outcomes
- Work with the Communications team on designing and delivering the campaign platform and website
- Impact and reporting, including;
- Create online action plans outlining strategies to achieve measurable KPIs.
- Use analysis tools (Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Mailchimp reports, etc.) to identify what works best for our audience (wording, time of publication, place of publication, etc.).
- Measure success of campaigns and strategies, review results and make recommendations for modifications.
- Monitor and evaluate all campaigning activities and provide regular updates to internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure commitments to funders are met through effective programme delivery, communications and reporting
- Lead on developing the digital content of donor reports and ensure an effective monitoring, learning and evaluation plan is in place and is delivered against
- Experience of delivering successful campaigns for the achievement of policy outcomes and public engagement
- Experience of digital campaigning and mobilisation
- Experience working within national level change in low and/or middle income countries
- Demonstrated experience of implementing media, digital and marketing campaigns
- Experience using technology and innovative tactics to mobilise for impact
- Working knowledge of global advocacy environment; including the UN, multilaterals and bi-laterals
- Demonstrated experience of running campaigns to deliver policy commitments (ideally in the area of health)
- Global Mental Health
- Strong personal passion for global mental health policy and practice
- Project Management
- Demonstrate excellent organisational, project management and administration skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships with a range of partners
- Degree in relevant field; public relations, international relations, communications, management, public health or international development
- Fluent Spanish and/or French would be an distinct advantage
Please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com to apply for this position.
Reporting To: Communications and Partnerships Manager
Term: 20 April 2019 – March 2020 (will consider part-time minimum 3 days a week)
Fees: £25,000- £30,000 pro-rata
Location: Anywhere globally home based or office based in London
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to Louisa Sampson, Partnerships and Communications Manager at United for Global Mental Health at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a talented and organised content creator and coordinator to join our fast growing team on a year’s contract as we prepare to launch a global mental health campaign in May.
You will have the skills to create high-quality audio and visual materials to move hearts and minds to support the success of United for Global Mental Health’s work as a charity and the global mental health campaign it is convening with stakeholders from all over the world.
You will have experience of developing dynamic evergreen content for use across a number of channels and a sensibility for ensuring content is inclusive and diverse and suitable for a global audience.
You are a strong communicator, with the ability to work sensitively with people from all walks of life to share their experiences and bring stories to life. Whether working with grass-roots campaigners or global brands, you will have creative instincts about how best to tell stories through different mediums including film, photography and the written word.
You will have strong editing and post production skills and the ability to efficiently edit historic pictures and footage collected by the charity for use in communications materials.
You are a collaborative worker and will take the time to understand strategic objectives set by the Senior Campaigner and Communications Lead which underpin content needed in support of the campaign and United for Global Mental Health’s work more generally too.
You will have the organisational skills to plan your workflow and the process of capturing content, meet deadlines and collate feedback from a wide range of stakeholders, working as a team-player with a can-do attitude.
You thrive in a fast paced and entrepreneurial environment working alongside global experts in their fields, and have a passion for improving mental health, especially for the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people.
The purpose of this role will be to support the Communications Lead and Senior Campaigner at United for Global Mental Health capturing and developing content for use in all countries where the campaign is running and as part of United for Global Mental Health’s core communications work.
This role includes the following responsibilities;
Photography and film content generation; Lead the capture, development and dissemination of core photography and film footage content packages demonstrating United for Global Mental Health’s work and the success of the campaign including:
- Key international events central to the campaign e.g. World Health Assembly in Geneva, UN General Assembly, World Mental Health Day
- Individuals with lived experience of mental health sharing their journeys
- In-country campaign teams (where possible)
- UnitedGMH’s team including founders, staff, volunteers and board of trustees
- The extraordinary stories of our campaign ambassadors and celebrities demonstrating their commitment to the cause and campaign
- Global partners demonstrating their commitment to the cause and campaign
Content coordination and publishing:
- Support the Communications Lead in developing a content grid of activity for the year
- Edit existing United GMH footage for use in communications materials
- Collate, edit and organise audio and visual assets from in-country teams for use through UnitedGMH’s core channels.
- Keep in close contact with the Senior Campaigner and Communications Lead to ensure the website and UnitedGMH’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIN) are populated with beautiful audio and visual content
- Create smooth running organisational systems for storage and archiving of key audio, visual and digital materials
- Keep track of all partner commitments and ensure they are fulfilled (e.g. logos on reports and on social media, sharing stats on reach etc)
- Liaise with the partnerships and special projects coordinator on content deliver needed to support major partnerships
- Liaise with supporting agencies on content delivery needed surrounding press and media work
- Feed in to reporting upon content and communications impact; online and offline
- Setting up a tracking system with clear reporting deadlines for key information.
- Providing data for reports to donors, country teams, partners and the internal team
- Experience in capturing innovative, beautiful content across a range of art forms; photography, film and design experience essential
- Experience in editing, post-production and developing creative content across a range of disciplines, film and photography essential
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with experience working with a range of stakeholders to deliver exceptional content
- Demonstrable successful use of digital and social media for campaigning outcomes, preferably including low and middle income countries
- A strong understanding of, and passion for improving, global mental health
- Excellent proofreading, copywriting and editing skills
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills
- An entrepreneurial and enterprising approach to work
- A “doer”- ability to anticipate requirements and act to provide workable solutions with limited budget
- Team Player: working collaboratively and flexibly to achieve outcomes and is keen to add value to the organisation’s culture and ethos
- International travel as required
- Fluent in Spanish or French
- Marketing and PR experience
- Experience of working in a small, entrepreneurial team