Mental Health For All Advocacy Toolkit in French
In most countries, mental health care is not rights based, adequately financed or integrated into health systems.
This means most people with mental ill health cannot access support, and mental health is in danger of not being integrated into new health sector reforms driven by the global push for Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
Now is the time for change
There is renewed focus on UHC in the run up to the UN High Level Meeting (HLM) on UHC scheduled for September 2023 – and now is the moment for advocates to champion the integration of mental health into UHC, both nationally and globally.
Global leaders are gearing up to discuss progress on achieving UHC by 2030 and the commitments made in 2019; and national governments will be keen to ensure they have positive developments to report at the high-level meeting concerning their commitments to achieving UHC.
This makes it an opportune moment for advocates to ensure that mental health is meaningfully integrated into UHC related commitments and discourse, or risk it being left behind.
This makes the UN High Level meeting on UHC – and the events running up to that moment – an historic opportunity an opportune moment for advocates to ensure that mental health is meaningfully integrated into UHC related commitments and discourse at global and national levels. If we fail, we risk mental health being left behind as countries design and deliver their future health systems.
Download UnitedGMH’s Mental Health For All Advocacy Toolkit in French
Our new Mental Health For All Advocacy Toolkit equips partners with everything they need to conduct effective advocacy for the integration of mental health into Universal Health Coverage nationally in their countries. It is a follow up from:
- UnitedGMH’s universal health coverage (UHC) report No Health Without Mental Health, released in December 2020
- UnitedGMH’s three policy briefs on rights, financing and systems highlighting the importance of integrating mental health into UHC.
The toolkit also includes a helpful advocacy roadmap listing key global moments in the lead up to the UN High Level Meeting on UHC in 2023. We encourage partners to utilise the advocacy toolkit to tailor key messaging supporting the integrating of mental health into UHC.
This toolkit is designed for:
- Mental health CSOs and health CSOs (to align and help them make the case for UHC and MH nationally and globally)
- Mental health champions in Ministries of Health (to influence government strategies/policies to include UHC and MH and lend voices to global calls for the same)
- Mental health champions in multilaterals, INGOs (to influence internal strategies and policy positions and influence key global moments).
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT’S INSIDE THE ADVOCACY TOOLKIT, READ OUR BLOG.
Download our Advocacy Toolkit in French now